Seeking Justice For Victims And Their Families
We all place our faith and our lives in the hands of physicians and other medical professionals at some point. While most are diligent in delivering a timely, effective treatment and doing their absolute best for patients, serious medical errors and deaths are more common than we would like to believe. When life-altering injuries and deaths result from medical wrongs that should not have happened, the only recourse available is to consider a medical malpractice lawsuit.
At Bencoe & LaCour Law, PC, our attorneys have successfully represented injured patients and their loved ones throughout New Mexico. When you consult with us in our Albuquerque office, we will give you an honest assessment of your case and detail your available options. Please email us to begin the conversation.
Building Strong Cases That Get Results
At Bencoe & LaCour Law, PC, we believe that bringing forth valid, serious medical malpractice claims is essential for community safety. In many cases, our investigation reveals not just a single physician’s or nurse’s failure to apply the relevant standard of care, but systemic safety problems with a health facility’s policies and procedures. Sadly, the root cause of such problems can be a failure to communicate, overstaffing or under training – often motivated by cost control, or putting “profits over people.”
When our law firm undertakes a medical malpractice case for you, we are deeply committed to working closely with well-matched health care professionals who can help us prove and teach a jury the factual basis of your claim. Such preparation is required for success with claims that require knowledge in a specialty field of medicine.
Examples of potentially actionable malpractice include:
- Emergency room negligence such as delays in diagnosing and treating emergency medical conditions (including heart attacks)
- Other forms of hospital errors or negligence like hospital falls and delays in treating or referring patients for proper care, resulting in infection, worsening condition, birth injury or death
- Failures to diagnose cancer or other potentially fatal diseases and conditions
- Surgical mistakes such as leaving foreign objects in the body, operating on the wrong body part, causing spinal cord injury or anesthesia-related brain injury, or failing to respond in a timely manner to complications
- Prescription medication mistakes such as overdose, dispensing the wrong drug or wrong dose, or a drug interaction when this results in death, overdose or permanent injury such as brain damage
- Dental malpractice or negligence that results in permanent nerve injury, or orthodontic malpractice that results in loss of permanent teeth
Ready To Challenge At-Fault Parties
The burden of proof is high when medical mistakes are alleged. It is necessary to establish not only that the standard of care was violated but also that the outcome would likely have been very different had the situation been managed properly. Health care companies and their insurers defend these cases vigorously and aggressively – but we are capable of successfully proving your case if a health care provider’s error or carelessness caused a serious injury or death that truly should not have happened.
Turn To Attorneys With Extensive, Successful Malpractice Trial Experience
Bencoe & LaCour Law, PC, is selective in the medical malpractice and hospital negligence cases it pursues. You will pay no attorney fees unless we represent you and succeed in obtaining compensation.
To discuss your potential claim, if you think that “it should not have happened,” contact us today online or over the phone at 505-633-8949 to arrange your no-risk initial consultation.