Decades Of Experience With Critical Birth Injury Cases
When parents learn that their newborn child suffered a birth injury, the heartache and worry they endure defy description in words. The long-term costs associated with giving your son or daughter the best life possible can be overwhelming. You may also be wrestling with the belief that the mistakes during labor and delivery or prenatal care could have been prevented.
At Bencoe & LaCour Law, PC, our attorneys have more than 40 years of collective experience seeking just compensation for children and families harmed by medical malpractice. This experience includes filing, litigating and recovering substantial monetary settlements for parents and families in birth injury cases.
Advocating For Families After Serious Labor And Delivery Mistakes
Any allegation of OB-GYN malpractice or hospital errors demands rigorous investigation and thorough examination of all medical records. Our lawyers pair a deep understanding of the science associated with brain injuries and other birth defects along with our excellent working relationships with highly qualified physicians and other health care experts.
Our resources equip us well to evaluate cases involving:
- Cerebral palsy, other brain damage or death caused by oxygen deprivation – often due to failure to perform a timely C-section or another form of intervention
- Insufficient fetal monitoring of a mother’s labor as a reason for failing to intervene to help with a baby’s delivery
- Failing to perform proper, adequate prenatal or antenatal tests for a baby’s safety (such as ultrasounds, nonstress tests, and tests for hypoglycemia and jaundice)
- Improper use of vacuum extraction, forceps or other techniques resulting in brain injury, shoulder dystocia, Erb’s palsy or other life-altering physical injuries to your child
- Failure to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy or another serious condition that poses a significant risk of harm to a mother or her baby
Our legal team in Albuquerque is dedicated to holding health care corporations and insurance companies accountable for medical negligence. It is our belief that exposing unsafe practices and policies – which are often driven by putting profitability above people’s critical needs and interests – is essential for protecting others from similar outcomes.
We Take Cases We Believe In – And We Take Them The Distance When Needed
You can turn to us for empathy as well as thorough inquiry into your case. If you have a valid lawsuit, we will build it for trial and aggressively target meaningful compensation that will make a positive difference for your child and for you. To request a consultation with an experienced lawyer, call 505-633-8949 or contact us online now.